- After installing the handheld desktop software, the handheld application ... (65388 views)
- Importing Digital Scout data into a Web Enabled product. ... (63591 views)
- Move software to another computer (62992 views)
- The school replaced my previous computer. How do I ... (59836 views)
- How to do custom stats on the iPhone, iPod ... (54774 views)
- When I try to perform a synchronization, I receive ... (52401 views)
- Error message "You must open Scoutware / Statware on ... (50070 views)
- What are the requirements for using Digital Scout software? ... (49874 views)
- Synchronization error: An error occurred during synchronization. If you ... (48319 views)
- Information is not transferred during HotSync (Palm) or ActiveSync ... (46572 views)
- My app is slowing down, how can I speed ... (2012-04-26 21:27)
- My license says it's expiring, what do I do? ... (2012-04-26 21:11)
- What is the best device to use the Statware ... (2012-04-26 20:44)
- How do I delete or merge a player? (2012-04-26 20:42)
- My reports show incorrect statistics and/or games played (2012-04-26 20:41)
Baseball and Softball Statware - Synchronization issue
We are aware of an issue with all versions of Baseball and Softball Statware that causes the synchronization process to crash the application without any kind of error or warning message. This is most likely caused by a bug in the application regarding the data stored in the database for added or modified players.
This bug has been fixed in the software, and an update has been posted to the App Store for approval. Once the update is available and you have updated the app on your device, the sync should go through.
Basketball Statware - Synchronization issue
We are aware of an issue with all versions of Basketball Statware that causes the synchronization process to abort without any kind of error or warning message. This is most likely caused by a bug in the application that allowed you to create a game with only one team selected.
This bug has been fixed in the software, and an update has been posted to the App Store for approval. In the mean time, the service has been altered to allow the sync to go through, but unfortunately any data you may have entered into a game with only one team selected will not be synced to the web site.
Please click on one of the following links to view the most frequently asked questions by category:
There are currently issues when using Palm OS based handhelds with Windows Vista. With regards to using a Palm device with Digital Scout products, an incompatibility in the Palm Quick Install Tool may prevent the Palm application from being automatically installed to your Palm device.
For more information on this problem and some possible workarounds, please see the Windows Vista information page on Palm's web site by clicking the following link:
If you are using a Pocket PC or Windows Mobile based handheld with Windows Vista, you will need to use Windows Mobile Device Center instead of ActiveSync. The functionality of this software is similar to ActiveSync, but the functions are located in different areas as described in the Digital Scout documentation and getting started guides. For example, in order to get to the Pocket PC's add/remove programs window, in ActiveSync you would go to the Tools menu and select Add/remove programs. However, in Windows Mobile Device Center, you hover over the Programs and Services area, click on the More link, and then click Add/Remove Programs when it appears.
If you are using the desktop version of a Digital Scout product on Windows Vista, you may notice that logging in with different user profiles may cause your data file to disappear. If this occurs, you will need to make sure that you always log into the same user profile before launching the program. Please note that the reason for this behavior is a function in Windows Vista called User Account Control (UAC), and not a problem with a Digital Scout product. If you disable UAC on your computer, make sure to do a backup of your data before doing so, as this will affect the operation of your entire computer, and as a result there are special risks and considerations to disabling this feature of Windows Vista. Please make sure to read and understand the function of UAC, or consult with your company's or school's IT department, before disabling this function.
To access the UAC setting, go to the Control Panel, go into User Accounts, and look for an entry "Turn on or off User Account Control". When you click on this link, it will take you to a screen with a check box. If the check box has a check mark in it, click the check box to turn the check mark off and click OK. Then, restart your computer and the setting will take effect.
There are 366 FAQs online